Sunday, April 3, 2011

TIRAMISU- with zabaglione filling


It is Tiramisu time.. How are you people? I'm fulfilling my spare time at home this weekend. Which is very rare moment to me and hubby. So I 've been in the kitchen since this morning. Fuuhhhh!!!"wipe the sweat'. Fried kuewteow for breakfast, doing some laundry, 3 times to be exact, masak asam daging for lunch err dinner I guess, since we haven't touch the dish after a well-supplied kuew teow. And now i just had my TIRAMISU time.


I googled the recipe and friends' blog and I noticed the TIRAMISU used raw eggs in the ingredients. I don't really fancy the fact that it used raw eggs in the batter.So I googled more and discovered this "ZABAGLIONE" or Sabayon, some kind of light custard best served with biscotti and also fresh berries.


My tiramisu recipe replicated from here but I adjusted according to my liking :)


Ingredients:

5 egg yolks

vanilla extract

250g mascapone cheese

50 g cream cheese (tatura)

half cup of cream

3/4 cup of caster sugar

espresso coffee( nescafe will do)

lady fingers (Bonomi)

cocoa powder for dusting


Steps:

1: Prepare the zabaglione filling

Beat the egg yolks, vanilla extract and 2/4 of sugar in a bowl of double boiler. Make the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water underneath. You don't want your "sabayon" to turn into scrambled egg :)


Whisk until thicken and small bubble appeared.
2:Beat the mascarpone , cream cheese, thicken cream and 1/4 sugar until fluffy. 3: Mix zabaglione filling and cheese cream mixture 4: Lightly soak the lady finger in the espresso mix and lay in your casserole dish
5: Distribute the filling on the first layer . 6: Repeat step 4 and 5 accordingly. 7: Sprinkle over crush lady fingers and dust with cocoa powder on top. 8: Chill for 3-4 hours

1 comment: