Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Red Velvet Bread Pudding :)




This wasn't my intention at the first place you know, to combine these sweet tooth :). I baked red velvet cake last night and hubby keeps saying I haven’t bake a proper cake for him... (Haven’t I? you've got to be kidding me man!!!). He added, he only tastes the balance of the batter which I baked in a smaller ramekin.



Then I replied (If you want, you need to order and pay for it la)
He: “Duduk satu rumah pun kena bayar ke??? pffft”.


So while baking for the order, I realized we had halve of walnut bread that I bought few days back. So I’m thinking to bake bread pudding for him and yes, he was right, (not a proper red velvet for him).I have remnants of the red velvet batter so my inner creativity yielded the second I ripped my bread in the baking tin.


I should combine these two and see what happen?


err..yummilicious :)

Ok the Bread Pudding Recipe:
Halve of walnut bread *any bread will do*
2 cups of milk
1 egg
¼ cup of sugar, and 2-3 tbs condensed milk
Chocolate spread,
Vanilla essence
Fresh strawberries and raisins
*Red velvet batter”

1.Rip the bread in a tiny pieces
2.Spread the chocolate over the bread
3.Mix all milk, egg, condensed milk and vanilla essence together.
4. Thinly slice the strawberry.
5. Put in the bread in baking tin and pour the liquid mixture
6.Mix well and add the strawberry and raisins.
7.Spread the red velvet cake batter on top * just a thin layer” and bake for about 20-30 min.



Enjoy the pictures :)










2 comments: