Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tasty DIM SUM

Asian flavors never fail me. The tangy taste, the aroma, the depiction are impeccable where it never stop me from craving more. I love Chinese food very much. In fact in my pantry, I have most of the basic ingredients for chine cuisine. U name it, sour plum sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil etc.
It is very difficult to get halal Dim Sum here so I’m thinking of trying one. This is when my husband been busy with his work and only came home late night and I’m obliged with my night classes for this semester. So you can count how many nights we have dinner together :(.
I chose to prepare something light for dinner just for me, myself and I for that fastidious night.
Yes a wee bit cheating here as I’m using frozen dim sum pastry where you can find it in the supermarket nearby.

Ingredients:
Dim Sum pastry
For the filling:
Minced beef.
Oil, Garlic, ginger, spring onion, white button mushroom, fresh red chili salt, black & white pepper and sesame oil

Method:
Heat up the wok and put a little bit vege oil.
Sauté the chopped garlic, ginger, fresh chilli and white button mushroom add the minced beef, stir until cooked.
Add the salt, black n white pepper for seasoning. Dash some sesame oil for the flavor and garnish with chopped spring onion.

Once cooked, put 1 tsp of the filling in the pastry.Fold it in any shape u want and steamed it for about 7-10 mins.

For the dipping:
Chopped garlic. chopped ginger
soy sauce, sesame oil and bird's eye chilli

Super easy and super yummy :).





No comments:

Post a Comment